Our attorneys regularly prepare and review estate plans and draft wills, trust agreements, advance directives, powers of attorney, community property agreements, separate property agreements, and other documents necessary to implement estate plans. We assist in administering estate plans, including probating estates and administering non-probate estates.
We help clients plan for long term care, including becoming eligible for State and Federal financial assistance programs such as Medicaid for nursing home care and Community Options Program Entry System (“COPES”) for in-home, adult family home and assisted living care.
We also represent clients in TEDRA (Trust and Estate Dispute Resolution Act) matters.
The firm handles estate planning for all sizes and types of estates, including, but not limited to, the following matters:
- Alternatives for transferring jointly held property
- Charitable lead and charitable remainder trusts
- Elder and disability planning
- Grantor-retained interest trusts
- Health Care Directives
- Irrevocable trusts (Inter-vivos and Testamentary)
- Life insurance transfers
- Medicaid issues
- Planning for retirement benefits
- Powers of Attorney
- Private annuity arrangements
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Use of gifts and trusts to minimize taxation
- Use of corporate reorganizations and partnerships to obtain more favorable valuation for tax purposes
- Solutions for problems arising from special heirs such as minors, spendthrifts, or the disabled
- TEDRA (Trust and Estate Dispute Resolution Act)
- Transfer of business assets
For more information please go to: TacomaElderCare.com