Kelly is a shareholder at Smith Alling, P.S., bringing over 15 years of experience and knowledge to her practice. She concentrates on transactions and litigation primarily related to real estate, business and construction matters. Kelly also dedicates a portion of her practice to estate planning and probate administration.
Kelly’s services include document preparation, document review and all aspects of court representation. She represents a wide range of individuals, small businesses, contractors, and developers. Kelly also represents several homeowner associations, as well as individuals with disputes with homeowner associations.
Kelly is a long-time resident of the Pacific Northwest. Out of the office, she devotes her time to her family, travel, reading, and Gonzaga basketball.
Kelly is a current member of the Washington State Bar Association and Tacoma/Pierce County Bar Association, and is admitted to practice in the Federal District Court for the district of Western Washington. She has served on several committees within the Washington State Bar Association and the Tacoma/Pierce County Bar Association including the Rules of Professional Conduct committee for the Washington State Bar Association. She also has acted as a guest lecturer to architects and contractors on the American Institute of Architects and construction contracts, and was honored as a “40 Under 40” by the Pierce County Business Examiner in 2005.
• Represented buyers of condominium in a fraudulent misrepresentation case against the seller, successfully obtaining a judgment for rescission and money damages.
• Represented homeowner’s association in enforcing parking covenants, obtaining successful judgment against violator.
• Represented homeowner’s association in enforcing covenants regulating plantings in neighborhood, obtaining successful judgment for Association.
• Represented owner against association and fellow owner for violation of nuisance covenants, obtaining judgment against owner and favorable settlement with association.
• Represented employer in enforcement of employer’s non-competition agreement, resulting in successful settlement.
• Represented Association in litigation regarding removal of lots from Association for commercial purposes, obtaining a favorable settlement.